Tuesday, December 2, 2008

O' Christmas tree

The kids were so excited to get our tree on Friday. Personally I wanted to wait another week so it wasn't dead by Christmas but there was no talking them out of it so we went and found a nice tree and we actually had a nice time decorating even though I was going on a few hours of sleep, due to my morning shopping madness.
Sean had to hold onto to it through the sunroof as he drove so it wouldn't fall off. (your probably asking yourself why I wasn't holding on to it since Sean was driving. Well, that wouldn't be any fun, would it??) Cierra wanted to contribute too, so she held onto the rope that was holing the tree on. She wasn't very happy because we didn't get the tree she wanted but it was a 5-1 vote so she lost. She decided she liked it after we got home.

No repeat of last year with getting the tree to stand up. It went a lot better since we got a new stand and Sean was all smiles.
Connor's name was drawn out of a hat to put the star on. They all wanted to do it so that was the fair way and suprisingly everyone was fine with it.
The kids did most of the decorating and I would have liked to move a few things here and there but I didn't because I knew that is was done by them and they liked it and that is all that mattered.
And the stockings were hung by the chimmney with care........by Kaylee.


I need to take a picture in the dark so you can get the full effect. It looks a lot better.

My fears were confirmed when as soon as we got the tree up our dear lovely cat decided it was a great place to hide and climb in. She has since learned I don't approve of it and if she does she will be spending the whole month of December in the garage.







4 comments:

Gillian said...

Wow, you have a lot of presents under the tree already! We have two...and they get shaken a lot!

And yes, your cat will love the tree. Esp because it's real! We have a fake tree and the cats love to hide under it and knock ornaments off (we have to keep the unbreakables at the bottom of the tree). I'm sure they think we put the tree up just for them. :)

Karina Rigtrup said...

Your tree would love it next year if you tie it to the roof of your car butt first! It won't want to fly away so much. Looks like it survived and is looking fabulous! I'm trying to be a good Mommy and letting my kids do the decorating today, we'll see how it goes!

Sharon Severson said...

Wow, you amaze me! So clean, organized, and orderly! I can't believe you have presents wrapped already! Our cat doesn't pay any attention to our tree, but maybe it's because she has 4 week old babies she's tending to. We may ave 5 critters hanging off the tree before it gets put away in a month! See you in a week!

Baker said...

I love it! The pictures. Your comments :) your beautiful home, family AND Christmas tree!