Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sean's work party

Sean had his annual work party last night at a hotel in Seattle. We had a great time and we were so happy to be able to get away for a night. (Thanks to my parents for keeping the kids.)




They showed a slide show of everyone at work and this was one of the slides. The funny thing is, I don't even know how to text so it's not me who is texting him. I do talk to him about 10 times during the day. I think it is so sweet that he will call just to see how I'm doing.
Sean got an award for 5 years of service. Here is his boss presenting the award to him. Because of the all the diverse people that work at his work, the guy to his right is translating everything in Spanish and the guy on his left is translating in pun-jaba(I know that is not right but that is how it sounds) It was very interesting. Luckily the speeches were short or we would have been there all night.

We were served a very fancy dinner that would be enough to feed a bird so we stopped at Mcdonalds afterwards. We got 3 drink tickets each and we put those to good use getting Sprite and then Sean gave away a few.
So the hotel that the party was at(can't remember the name) was very expensive to stay at. Sean got a discounted rate and with the discount it was close to 200.00 so we decided to stay elsewhere. We had a free stay at a hotel that I got at the beginning of the year at the kids auction so we decided to stay there. It was in a town called pu-all-up. Have you ever hear of it? I hadn't either so we decided to check it out. We thought it would be like any other Best Western and were so amazed when we opened the door to find a beautiful room. We had a living room, a dining room, a kitchen area and then a full bedroom. We also had a beautiful bathroom with a jetted tub(if you know me, I was so excited) that Sean and I could fit in side by side.(sorry-TMI)
Anyways,we had a great time and was so glad we had the night away from life. We also celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary which isn't until next week but took advantage of the time while we could.
I think I will go back to that town of Puyallup when I want to get away again! We even got robes to use while we were there!:)











5 comments:

Sharon Severson said...

I can't believe you two clean freaks ACTUALLY used a hotel robe! Have you seen those reports on Primetime? LOL...just kiddin! That's great you can get away together. See ya soon!

Amy said...

looks like fun. I might have to check that hotel out!

Baker said...

You both look so nice! I love the picture in front of the Christmas tree. Congrats on the award Sean. Looks like you had fun!

Jennifer said...

SO FUN!!!!

Michelle Carr said...

That dress looks great on you! You are beautiful!