Thursday, November 6, 2008

Reading, messes, and Turkey

More often than not, this is what you will find Cierra doing. She wants to read all the time. How can I say no to that? She reads on the stairs alot, I'm not sure why. Every night she asks me if she can read for 5 more minutes. Why can't all my kids be like that? It's like pulling teeth to get Kaylee and Connor to read. I personally love to read so I'm glad she does too.
Brooke and Isaac love to play in the closet downstairs and usually they only take a few things out at a time but today they decided all the toys needed to come out so they could play inside the toy box. It was kind of cute. They get a long so well, it is fun to see them play together. Brooke loves to play trucks with him and Isaac loves to play dolls with her.

Tonight for dinner I made a turkey. I needed to defrost the garage freezer and I couldn't fit the turkey anywhere so I decided to cook it. It was delicious. We also made mashed potatoes, gravy, biscuits and a veggie. Not quite like Thanksgiving but it will tide us over another three weeks until the real thing is here.
An update on my last post: So far so good on the bug situation. I check about three times a day and nothing has come up. I think we are in the clear. Atleast I hope so. I'm begining to relax a little.
Only Brooke would say this:
On Tuesday I was watching the election on TV and Brooke came and sat down by me and said,"Mom did Ba-dack Odama win?" and I said yes and then she got a funny look on her face and said, "then McCain lossed, didn't he?" How does she know this? I am amazed at how much my kids know from school. They talked a lot about the election at school and Cierra was suppose to watch part of the election as her homework.
Anyways, The other morning Brooke woke up and came in and got right in my face and told me I smelled like a crabby patty? What the heck does a crabby patty smell like?
Everyday when Brooke goes down for a nap she says to me, "Mom, when I wake up, if it is sunny, can we go in my pool?" And everyday I say yes and luckily she nevers remembers when she wakes up because thats not happening for another 7 months or so.
And last but not least, the last few days she has been saying, "Mom, check my hair I think I felt a bug crawling in it!"


5 comments:

Karina Rigtrup said...

Ya for no bugs! We're good so far as well.
My kids were getting into the election big time. They got into a few heated discussions about what they believe with kids at school. Taylor kept coming home and asking me questions and then she'd go back to school and fill everyone in. She even converted a few kids from Dem to Rep. I doubt their parents were to happy about that!

Amy said...

Your turkey looks great. :)

So cute on the election discussion. Matthew and Maegan were talking about it as well.

Glad to hear things are well on the lice front. we're safe here too. phew!

Mom and Dad said...

Good for you Cierra keep reading. You get it from your mother and your mother gets it from grandma.
How come we didn't get any turkey? Looks good I'm sure we will get our share.

Baker said...

I love it. All of it!

Kim said...

Jodi, I miss your sense of humor. Thanks for the laughs this morning....You're turkey looks yummy!