Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Call me paranoid..........

Because I probably am. But that being said, I am freaking out! I found out today that some of Brooke's close friends and some kids from church have lice. I can't stop itching and scratching. I know people get lice all the time and it can't be helped but I really don't want it. I don't think I will be able to sleep at night knowing these bugs are in my house. I took everything it possibly could be on, in Brooke's room and bagged it and put it in the garage where it will stay for 2 weeks. I am washing all her bedding and dress up clothes too. What else can I do? Sit here and wait, checking her hair daily praying that I won't see any moving creatures! I guess you can call me a little bit of a neat freak and I tend to go overboard sometimes but I really don't know if I can handle this!!



8 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

Thanks for stopping by last night...

Amy said...

lol - let's hope they don't decide to go a street over to my house!

we'll see you in a couple of weeks. lol j/k

Natalie said...

LOL! You are so funny. I think that I would freak out too if that happened at my house too. Good luck!

Gillian said...

Yes, I would be freaked too! You can wash all her stuff. The dryer will kill any lice or eggs. And if you blow-dry her hair regularly, she probably doesn't have it. The heat kills the lice. My sister got lice when she was in 2nd grade and I was in HS. Even though we lived together, and I'm sure even used the same hair brush from time to time, I never got it because of all the blowdrying, curling iron use, hairspray, etc.

marcalicious said...

whoa! that is a lot of work for the "maybe-lice-in-our-house" situation! I sure hope you are all clean. :)

and I like your background -- just like mine. :) I put my background on yesterday. Good choice.

Theresa Walker said...

I would totally freak out. Just hearing the word lice makes me star itching all over. Good luck!

Sharon Severson said...

Jamie went thru it with Syd last year...call her she can fill you in...she was ready for a nervous breakdown by the time it was over!And I hate to break it to you but it is uaually kids that are squeaky clean that get it because the lice likes to cling to clean hair....not dirty, greasy like one might think! YIKES

Anna BenAnna said...

I don't think you are paranoid - well, at least on this one :-) I really hope you don't get it - you probably won't after taking these measures - but I still really hope you don't get it!