Wednesday, September 17, 2008

In memory of our dear friend Jim

I know I have posted this picture before but this is the only picture I have of our friend, Jim. He passed away this evening and we are so sad to see him leave this life but we are happy that he is now free of the pain he has been suffering. We will always think about this wonderful man that touched so many lives, especially our family. My kids loved our Sunday visits with him and so did Sean and I. He told amazing stories and we would love to sit and visit with him. One of our favorite memories with him was when I asked him if we could bring him anything. He lived in a nursing home so the food wasn't all that great. He asked if we could bring him some fried chicken and mashed potatoes. I think he wanted homeade but if you know me, that just wasn't possible so we stopped by KFC and got a huge bucket of chicken. We went to the nursing home to find out he reserved a room for us all to have dinner together. It was so sweet and and he loved the meal. I was tempted to take it out of the bucket and put it on a nice platter but I knew I wouldn't be able to fool him. Just a couple weeks ago we brought him a big mac and fries and a chocolate shake and he enjoyed that too. We will truly miss this man and it was a great pleasure to know him. We love you Jim!

2 comments:

Tasha Horsley said...

what a special experience your family has had and will last a lifetime. i am sure your kids will never forget it. you're such a good mom and a great example to others. thanks! :)

Kathryn said...

I'm very sorry Jodi. You were a blessing to this man's life, and it also sounds like your family was blessed by knowing him.