Saturday, September 27, 2008

The dreaded 10 mile run!

So to train for a half marathon, you eventually have to go from running 3 miles to running 10. Well, it happened to be time to run the dreaded 10 miles yesterday. I can't just run around in a big circle and call it good. I have to run to a certain point and then come back the same way. So yesterday I set off to my parents house which is exactly 5 miles away. When I got there, they greeted me with water told me to be careful and I was on my way back home. It took me 1 hour and 53 minutes(don't do the math-it's pretty slow) but I made it and I was so glad it was done. I love my Garmin watch because it tracks miles, time, calories and all that good stuff. I love to look at the calories when I'm done and yesterday I burned 1347 calories. I figured it would be ok to eat a few jellybeans. I hadn't had a sweet in two weeks. Dang! I was doing so good. And I probably wouldn't have caved if I didn't have them in my house. I got them as a Thank you just that day! Oh well, life goes on. So exactly a week from today I run 13.1 miles in Leavenworth. Looking forward to getting away with the girls for the weekend but can't say I'm excited to run. Wish me Luck!-(I'm going to need it:)

6 comments:

Baker said...

You and me both! Though I'm going to need more than luck. I'm going to need angels! See you next weekend.

Kim said...

Way to go...good luck on the half. Run a mile for me. Gotta let me know where you picked up your calorie tracker thing.

Mom and Dad said...

What an accomplishment, you should be very proud of yourself, we are.

Bowles said...

Good luck in your race!! I hope all you girls have a super fun time!
'at a girl! For running 10 miles.
Have an awesome day!

Amy said...

way to go!!! you'll do great.

beckyb said...

Jodi- it's me, your cousin, Becky. I, too will be at the 1/2 marathon in Leavenworth and running is not my favorite thing to do either and I sometimes wonder if the cars I pass even think I'm running-i feel that slow!! I will be there with a friend who is crazy also and we will have fun despite the grueling run!! Me email is mbbattle@msn.com and my phone is 509-966-2350. Hook up with me if you can. The things we do for a "girl weekend"