Thursday, August 14, 2008

Camping at Banks Lake




















We just got back from camping. I took the kids and Sean stayed home and worked(and played). We went with a bunch of friends and we had so much fun. Seriously, we all didn't want to leave but we finally did and rolled in about 11 last night. In our group we had a total of 5 boats and there was endless waterskiing, swimming, fishing, canoeing, playing, eating ice cream from the local store, making mud pies, roasting marshmallows and just relaxing with great friends. I bought Kaylee a oreo cookie pie and sang Happy Birthday to her since her actual birthday was on Tuesday.The wonderful family that was in charge did a food menu and planned who would provide a meal when. I was responsible for Tuesday night dinner with one other family. We had to feed 90 people. I thought that was going to be very hard but it worked out great and then I didn't have to worry about cooking the whole time I was there.
I was able to wake board and for the first time ever I was able to slalom waterski. I had always done 2 skis and I thought I would try just 1 and was able to get up on the second try. I was so excited but my body was paying for it soon after. Kaylee, Connor and Cierra got to try a skimmer board that has two skis attached together and is so cool. They all got up and took a cruise around the lake. Cierra is the only one that was brave enough to try it a second time but they all had a blast. It was a perfect vacation to wind down the summer and the only thing that could have made it better, was if Sean was able to be there. Next year he is coming for sure!:)
















0 comments: