Sunday, April 26, 2009

Weekend Recap!

It was a busy weekend, as always. I don't think we ever have a weekend(or for that matter, a weekday) that there is nothing going on. It started on Thursday when Cierra had baseball practice and straight from there Kaylee had an orthodontist appointment to get her retainers and then I had to rush home for a Enrichment meeting and Sean went to play racquetball. On Friday after school I took all the kids to the doctors office(I rather have a root canal than do that) but Kaylee has had a a itchy head for about 3 weeks and it wasn't going away so I thought it was time for her to be seen. The doctor reassured me it wasn't lice(which I knew because I looked everyday for the last 3 weeks) but let me know she has a very dry scalp and needs to have some prescription shampoo to take care of the problem. Hopefully that will work. We then came home and Kaylee and Connor went to there dads for the weekend. They always love to go which makes me very happy. It is much easier to send them if they like to go. I then went to Redmond where I played in a basketball tournament. It was a ton of fun and we ended up winning by about 15. I got home late and got up early to play another game in Auburn where we lost by 9. It was disappointing to be out of the tournament but I'm glad I was able to play. Cierra had a birthday party at the skating rink and so after she left, I put Brooke in the jogger stroller and ran to my softball practice which was only 3 miles(round trip) away. It is so great to get back into playing and I can't wait for our first game on Tuesday. After we all got home we went to Red Robin for dinner and then over to the mall where Sean and I bought a few things in preparation for summer.(now all we need is the sun!)
Today Kaylee and Connor returned home from their dads and we all went to church and then we had the missionaries from our ward over for dinner. It was a wonderful experience and we all felt the spirit and were glad to have them in our home. We then had a quiet evening just being at home and preparing for the week ahead when it starts all over again. I love Sundays when I know I have a day to rest and be with my family. I love my life and feel so blessed for everything I have.

This is Brooke after we got back from my softball practice. I must have worn her out!:)
These are the 3 lovely missionaries that are now serving in our ward. The kids loved the fun stories they told us.

2 comments:

Baker said...

Nope. You never have a dull weekend! You're amazing Jodi. And I'm with you on taking kids to the doctor's office. If they weren't sick going in, they will be going out. Okay, not really but that's how it feels! I'll take the root canal. :)

Amy said...

can you give lessons on multitasking??