Tuesday, April 21, 2009

And so it goes...............

You wouldn't think that something like Kaylee getting her braces off would send me into this depressed state that I am in right now. But as I look at her and see how much she has grown in the last couple years, all I can do is cry. It's only going to get worse. All my kids are growing up and before I know it they will be grown up and gone and the house will be eerily quiet. I don't know what quiet is. I don't know what to do if I'm not running to swim lesson, baseball practice, scouts, Activity days, orthodontist appointments, doctors appointments, tutor sessions, ballet, gymnastics, birthday parties, fundraisers for the school, play dates and all that fun stuff. I know I have several years until this happens but I am not sure I am ok with all of this.

Anyways, Kaylee got her braces off today after 16 long months. I was going to have to make her wait another month because of the WASL testing this week but her nice teacher let her make it up this afternoon so she was able to make her appointment this morning. She looks like a totally different person and she can't stop smiling. I remember that feeling 20ish years ago and I loved it! Great Job Kaylee! And as hard as it was, she managed to not get any cavities the whole time she had them on! Way to go Kaylee!

Tomorrow is the "chewy" party where a few of her friends are coming over and they are going to eat a lot of chewy candy! I will post more pictures soon!

Before we spent thousands of dollars:
During:

After:













5 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh Kaylee you look so beautiful!

Baker said...

seems like she just got them on!! beautiful smile and great job on your home care Kaylee! ;)

Newbold Family said...

I agree with Mindy. Kaylee you are very beautiful and growing up so fast. Don't eat to much candy you don't want to get any cavities. Love you. Grandma and Grandpa.

Stephanie said...

KAYLEE! You look FABULOUS!


P.S. A chewy party sounds like so much fun. they should have those for pregnant women, just because.

Amy said...

she looks great :)