Monday, October 6, 2008

Leavenworth half marathon trip

I am really going to try and keep this post short because I really feel like I can write a book about our amazing trip to Leavenworth. We had a fantastic time and it was the best girls weekend ever! We started the trip by Anna, Michelle, Theresa and I leaving Puyallup around 3:30(only a half hour after the scheduled time to leave-anna's fault-lol). I drove the whole time because I get car sick if not. When we got there we picked up our race packets and headed to Stephanie's families cabin they were renting for a pasta dinner.(which was very good-btw) Well, Anna took over driving and I sat in the back seat thinking it wasn't very far. Well, we got very lost and the half hour drve turned into an hour and a half and I ended up throwing up on the side of the road, while everyone laughed at me! It really was kind of funny. We finally made it to Stephanies house. We ate,visited and then headed back to the hotel for our good night rest before the race.
at the cabin-from left to right:Katie(steph's sis),Stephanie,Anna,Michelle,Theresa and me
We then went back to the hotel for a restful night sleep after some more girl talk so we could wake up for our 13.1 miles of running.

I saw my cousiin, Becky there. She lives in Yakima and it was fun to catch up with her.

Anna had the idea that we all match and wear princess tiara's while we ran. Our shirts said "sole" sisters and we got a lot of compliments on our look.


Theresa, me and Michelle getting ready to torture ourselves!

This is at about mile 5 and we were still happy!




Afterwards and I think I am going to fall over.
So when all was said and done, we decided to take a dip in the freezing river. Anna was the only one that went all the way under. I was about halfway and Michelle just put her feet in.

I didn't get very many scenery picture but it was so beautiful. I loved looking around at all the changing leaves and beautiful mountains.

Going into town we saw this:


The fun hat shop where we tried on glasses and hats and had a lot of fun, besides dealing with a drunk guy behind us!



We asked this nice german gentleman if we could take a picture with him.
We went on horse and buggy ride through Leavenworth and when we were done we fed the horse an apple. Judging by the look on my face, I thought it was pretty gross.-lol
This is after a fun filled day. We went back to the hotel and got our suits on and went swimming and soaking in the hot tub.

It was a perfect weekend and I am so glad I went. I feel refreshed and renewed and ready to take on the world, atleast until next week when I leave for Utah and Vegas without any kids and I can rest again but then I will be with my sexy hubby!:)
















8 comments:

Theresa Walker said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun after the race. I would have been no fun. I was SO TIRED. That run kicked my butt! I had a great time too!

Mindy said...

Looks like fun. I don't know about the 13.1 miles but maybe some day. You should be proud of yourself. It's a great accomplishment. Keep it up and maybe some day I will join you:)

Stephanie said...

i need to email you the picture i got of the guy at the hat shop... i'm surprised you didn't mention him. :)

Lance and Coralee Kulman said...

Wow -- great work Jody -- and Becky!! Looks like you had some fun too. Keep it up you all. Aunt Coralee

Baker said...

great pictures and I agree, a great weekend!

Amy said...

congrats on finished and beating your time for last year! you should be proud. :)

Looks like a great weekend! I might have to go and cheer you guys on one of these years.

Gillian said...

Awesome! Looks like so much fun! I love Leavenworth - it's so beautiful. What a cool place to have a run.

Anna BenAnna said...

I can't believe you put in the river pic!! Ugghhh! I guess that is why I need to keep doing these races!
~ And Steph - mums the word on the hat shop guy!