Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My worst fear...

My worst fear is that I don't spend enough time with all of my children. Especially one on one time. I feel with four kids it is very hard to be able to give them all the special attention they need and deserve. Now if you ask Sean he would say I am crazy. He thinks my every waking moment is with the kids and I never have time for him. I thought about taking them out on weekly dates individually but with our schedule it is nearly impossible. Anyways, I started a new thing a few weeks ago and it is a big hit. Each child gets to take a turn each night have special time with me right before bed. I crawl into bed with them and we talk about anything and everything. I can see their face light up as they have my undivided attention and I can tell them how special they are. I know this doesn't qualify me for mother of the year, you are all probably doing this with all your kids every night but for my crazy life, this works perfect and they look forward to it every night. My four children mean the world to me and I am so grateful to be their mother.

4 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

What a great idea. Keep it up. No need to worry, your kids are doing great...

Baker said...

Well, I sure think you could be mother of the year! My dad used to give us special time at night and we couldn't wait for our next turn. They will remember and cherish it forever. Thank you for sharing!

Jennifer said...

Well I'm gonna go ahead and nominate you mother of the year. That is a great idea! I also have that fear and I just try to find some snuggle time during the day, but now I think I will copy you because you are such a genius mother. Way to inspire!

Amy said...

good idea Jodi. I need to do this more often. I'm hit and miss with it.