Sunday, June 7, 2009

Back to Reality!

This past week I was able to take a trip to Hawaii with my sister, Mindy and two friends, Leah and Charlie. We had an amazing time and was able to relax for five days without anything to worry about. We had so much fun, it was hard to come home but I was glad to be able to see my family again.

Mindy and I before we landed in Hawaii
As soon as we got off the plane, we headed to the hotel to drop our stuff and head to the beach where we swam, laid on our air mattress' and read on the beach.

That night we went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. It was delicious!:)

I could give a play by play through my whole trip but instead here is some pictures(only a few of the 500 I took) for you to see what we did.











Sean was so amazing while I was gone. He really stepped up and took care of the kids as well as go to work. I am so lucky to have him. He is the best!!! I also had some friends helping me out which I am forever grateful. Thank you, Jen, Anna, Kathryn, Amy, and Lisa! Anna brought over dinner for my family one night.(one less night they had to have cereal)~Thank you! And my Brother in law watched Cierra and Brooke so Sean could take Connor, Jace and Chance to a Mariner's game!~Thank you!
I am so blessed for all the great friends and family we have.


I missed Sean while I was gone so this was for him!





Went to the Temple even though it is closed for 18 months while they remodel. It was still Beautiful on the outside.



Of course, I got laid in Hawaii too.(Ssshhh.........don't tell Sean!)


I love all the flowers that I saw. I took a lot of pictures of them.



We hiked into this place that had a waterfall that you could swim to. It was fun but the waterfall wasn't as big as it has been in the past but it was still cool to see.(This is where they filmed some scenes from Lost.)

I got a little excited when I made it over to the rock!



On the way back we stopped at this little bus that my sister had been to before and had the best Garlic shrimp! Hmmmm....I can taste the garlic just thinking about it.




Shaved Ice.............yummy!




The kids weren't there for me to bury so I made my sister bury me!


We did some body boarding that was a lot of fun.





Went by and saw BYU. Not what I had imagined but was really nice.








Shark's Cove where we went Snorkeling. We saw a ton of fish. This was one of my favorite things to do. It was so fun to be swimming with all the fish. Mindy banged up her knew but otherwise no injuries.

Trying out my mask:







Before we took off in the boat to go parasailing.


Right before Mindy and I went up, up and away..............




getting strapped in...



And we are off. It was scary at first but then it was so relaxing and calm so high up. I loved it!







They brought us down and dipped us which we were warned would happen to our waist. Then how did I get salt water in my mouth?




We hiked Diamond Head and saw some amazing views.
























I was craving seafood the whole time we were there and what better place to get seafood than Hawaii? It was all amazing!



You gotta see a little hula show!



This is how I was feeling when It was time to go home!





Well, it's over and I am back to reality but I am grateful for the time I had to go and relax, spend time with friends and bond with my sister. We had a wonderful time and I am feeling so relaxed, I just might make it until we take our vacation to Utah in 3 weeks!



































4 comments:

Amy said...

glad you had a good time!!!! :)

Karina Rigtrup said...

Ahhhh, I could almost feel the sun on my back while looking at your pics! Glad you got away and had a great time.

Kim said...

you took some beautiful pics. What a getaway! If you get a sec give me a call when you're here in Utah maybe we could get together.

Rebecca Pierce said...

So fun! You guys really took advantage of your time, fun, fun, fun!