Friday, March 27, 2009

Kaylee, Kaylee, Kaylee

When did my little girl grow up? I'm not sure but I know just a few years ago we were living in a apartment, just me and her. We would wake up to watch Barney and have the whole day together. Well, when I actually think about it, that was over 10 years ago and she will be 12 years old faster than I want to realize. In the mean time, I have managed to have three more children and find a wonderful husband that I could not imagine life without.

Since Kaylee is growing up and times have changed since I was a kid she has had a prepaid cell phone for about a year and that has served her needs. Well, it was time to get her a phone that she could use more often, so we put her on our plan and got her a new phone. She was so excited.(I got a new phone too and she has shown me how to use it, because I have no idea) I feel better now when she goes to friends house or on babysitting jobs, that I can always get in touch with her and we can call each other as much as we want without using our minutes.(I much rather be curled up on the couch watching Barney though)

Kaylee also has had braces for a year and a half and next month she gets them off and she is very excited about that too. She is a beautiful girl and now she will have a beautiful smile.(and I will be a few thousand dollars poorer!-hey, but it's all worth it, right?

Another big thing that is happening this year, is that she will advance from Primary and go into the Young Women's program at our church. I can hardly believe it, but it is true and I am trying to come to terms with it, and I suppose that is while I am rambling about her.
As a Young Women she gets to go to camp this year and she will be gone for a week. What will I do without her for a week? Well, I guess I won't have to worry about that since I got a phone call the other night and they asked if I would be willing to go to camp this year as a tent captain. So in August, Kaylee and I will head to Cascade Park for a week and let Sean figure out how he is going to work, take care of 3 kids and cook and clean. I hope they survive. I am looking forward to it and I think it will be a great experience for the both of us!

Really, I couldn't have asked for a better daughter. She is loving and kind and thinks of others before herself. She is almost always nice to her sisters and brother and I can always count on her to babysit if I need it.(she will ask how much she is getting paid, but that is too be expected, right?)

She is absolutely in love her with her cat, Sadie and if I let her we would have about 5 more cats and a few dogs running around too. One is enough for our busy family.

Kaylee has always struggled in school but she is well on her way to being successful. She has gone to two different tutors this year, three times a week and we have really worked hard and she has improved immensely. I am so proud of all the hard work she has put in.

So as I wipe the tears away, I think about the many years we still have together and that makes me happy!:)

2 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

Yes Kaylee is an awesome young woman her grandma and grandpa are very proud of her and all that she has done and has yet to do.Hold on to that little girl cause she will grow way to fast believe me I know. we love you Kaylee.

Steve said...

Brought tears to my eyes! We have watched her grow up as well and know that Ally is right behind her. I am thankful that Ally has a such a good friend and role model in Kaylee!! YOU SHOULD BE PROUD!!