Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Leavenworth 2011 Half Marathon

Leavenworth this year was a little different then the last 5 years. We decided it would be a grand idea to bring our kids with us this time. I only brought Cierra and Brooke because Kaylee had just had four teeth taken out and Connor wanted to stay at the Gailey's so he wouldn't miss his soccer game. The five of us(Soila, Jill, Anna, Tiffany and I)rented a house right outside of Leavenworth. The kids(all 15 of them) had a blast playing with each other and the adults had fun too. Although next year it will be a girl's weekend again. I need the break every so often.



I have finally hit burn out on running so this race was just fun for me. Jill and I ran together and we had fun. No pressure for a great time(2:16), just took our time and enjoyed the scenery. I love Leavenworth this time of year. It is so pretty.

This is where all the kids slept. Tiffany was the lucky one to sleep with them. Not sure how she got so lucky but Brooke and I had a bed upstairs that was quite comfortable.


We took the kids in town for some Gustav's and walking around to look at all the shops. It was a lot of fun.

Brynnley, Cierra and Kelsey



Tiffany, me, Ashley and Jill.(Ashley came along to help Anna with her kids) Anna was back at the house by this point and who knows where Soila was.




Love the leaves!







You can't go to Leavenworth and not have ice cream! It was yummy!:)


So I will be taking 2 weeks off from running and then I will be back. I already miss it and it has only been 5 days. I'm working with a personal trainer and it had been nice to mix it up. My body needs it. I am hoping to run the Newport marathon next year and the Wenatchee, Snoqualmie, Leavenworth, and Rock and Roll half marathons.


0 comments: