Monday, July 11, 2011

Cousin Sleepovers

About a year ago we made a family decision(*ok..I guess the truth is, it was a parents decision) that we would not be allowing sleepovers in our household anymore unless it was with family. That means we have a lot of sleepovers with the Gailey Family. Shay spent the night last week and I thought it was so cute when I went to check on her and Cierra.

*back to the no sleepover thing. We had an incident about a year ago and it was the scariest night of my life not knowing where my oldest child was for about 9 hours. I will never go through that again. The parents were to blame but I can't control what goes on outside my home and nothing good happens after midnight so we now have late overs. I will pick up any of my children late so they can have fun at a friends but sleepovers are no good. It is one of the best decisions we have made as parents.....

2 comments:

April Bishop said...

We feel the same way. the girls can have kids over to sleep at our house, but they only get to do late-overs. Kind of hypocritical, but it works for us!

Baker said...

We're doing a version of that as well-more like April but we have a few close friends we make an exception for. The danger of sleepovers was even mentioned in Conference, so I figure it's really the best choice for every family.