Sunday, November 28, 2010

November fun!

November has flown by like all the other months in the year 2010. We got some excitement towards the end when the 3 days before thanksgiving the snow came.It was enough to miss a few days of school and have a really long thanksgiving holiday. I don't think anyone was complaining. It was fun to play in it and not have to worry about anything.


This was Sunday night when it just snowed a tiny bit. Enough to get the kids excited but they still had school on Monday, it was just 2 hours late. (except Brooke since she is kindergarten, it was cancelled!)
Then Monday night we got more. We probably got about 6 inches. The kids had fun building many snowmen, playing in it and of course going sledding.

Socks hid out in the winter bag to get warm after being outside in the snow for a few hours!

Sean, Connor, Cierra and Brooke went sledding over at Carson Elementary while Kaylee and I went shopping.(much more fun and warmer too!)












We got together at my parents house for thanksgiving like we do every year. It is always fun and this year was no exception. Kaylee helped in the kitchen peeling potatoes.
Sean and I was trying to get a picture together but we kept having intruders!









My cute parents! they still are so cute after all these years.


My dad is dangerous while he is carving the turkey.

This year my mom made gingerbread cookies for the kids to decorate. Some got a little carried away with the frosting but they enjoyed doing it and it kept them busy for awhile.











My sister and I got our plan of attack ready for Black Friday and headed out at about 8:45 Thanksgiving night to Toys r Us. (My mom decided to stay home since our plan was to stay out pretty much all night.)

I only got these pictures of us waiting in line at toys r us. I'm sure there must have been atleast 2000 people there but luckily we were only about 200th in line and Mindy got what she needed and I got a few small things as well.


It was a little on the chilly side but totally worth it.

After TRU we headed to Walmart where we spent many hours. We then drove by Target and by that time it was raining and I was coming down with a cold so we called it quits and I went home and took some Nyquil and passed out until 10:30 the next morning. I have done Black Friday for 14 straight years. I am thinking I may be giving it up. It was more worth it when the kids were small but now that they are growing up, they all want bigger things and it just may not be worth it. I guess I will see when the ads come out next year. Then I will make that final decision.
Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

1 comments:

Kelli said...

you need to get one of those little portable heaters that you screw in a little can of propane and a 3 legged chair that has a strap to go over your shoulder. haha