Sunday, December 12, 2010

San Diego fun!

Sean and I were lucky enough to go on a trip to San Diego a few weeks ago and we had a blast. We loved the warm weather and the quietness since we didn't have the kids with us. (A huge thank you to the Gaileys for keeping them for 6 days and my mom and dad for helping too.) It is amazing what a vacation will do for a marriage. We actually got to talk without interruption and get to know each other again. I would strongly encourage every couple to get away even if it is for night. It is so needed and I don't think you realize it until you do it!

We felt a little guilty doing some of the things we did but we had so much fun, it was totally worth it. Next time we will bring the kids.....

Sean needs the sun to stay sane so he was in heaven and loved every minute of the weather. As you can tell from this picture it was a little shocking to me, but I got used to it quick!



Try to find me in this picture! This was my kids favorite:
On a ferry ride over to Coronado:



Enjoying the sunny beaches. Sean wanted to swim but it wasn't quite warm enough for him but there were some die hards in the water. Sean likes to think he is a surfer but in all actuality he has never surfed a day in his life.











A ice skating rink on the beach. we saw 3 of these.


Coronado hotel:


We saw an awesome firework show on the beach!



This is the part I feel guilty about. We went to Sea World and had a fabulous time. It was so much fun. I felt like a kid again.















Sean was mad because he got wet on this ride. I had a ball!






I'm on that ride somewhere! It was so much fun!
















Sean's favorite place to eat!

Petco Park!
La Holla


I miss the sun:


We went to the San Diego temple. most beautiful thing I have ever seen.




It was a perfect week!

1 comments:

Baker said...

Oh Jodi! What a beautiful time!! And you're right about how healing it is to a marriage. So glad you got away. Jealous of those blue skies! I'm with Sean. Need. More. Sun!! And you shouldn't feel an ounce of guilt about Sea World! Love it!