Thursday, October 21, 2010

The "Mole"

Socks and Ditto have been circling these moles holes that appeared last night for atleast an hour. I feel sorry for that mole when he pops his ugly face out. It will be no match for our "hunters" we have.
In the last 6 months, I have seen about 30 snakes, 30 mice, 3 birds, 1 rat and one little cute bunny appear on our porch or in our garage. 1 mouse and the rat actually made it under our kitchen table. It wouldn't be so bad but usually the snakes are not dead. They may be playing dead and then when the cats leave them alone, I have a snake roaming in my garage.

Some may say, it's time to get rid of these cats that keep bringing me all these animals. I have thought the same thing but all 4 of my kids adore these cats and it would break their heart if I did.

The good news is the bunny survived. After chasing Socks all over the neighborhood with this poor bunny hanging out of her mouth my neighbor, Anna was finally able to get the bunny and release it a ways away with only a few minor injuries.

Moles are ugly and they ruin your lawn so this is the one time I hope they catch this gross thing, but I am praying they don't bring it anywhere near the inside of our house!:)


The End!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

those are some good cats. Love those pictures, if we could all be so patient. haha

Gillian said...

Good kitties! Moles are a nightmare! We had one in our last house in Puyallup. Fortunately it didn't tear up the whole lawn, just kept popping up the same two holes!