Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Leavenworth Weekend!

On October 1st I went away for the weekend with some friends. It was our annual Leavenworth Octoberfest half marathon weekend. This is the 4th year that I have done this race and I love it. It is so beautiful and fun there. This year we actually got some awesome weather. It was almost 80 on Saturday!

The race itself was good. I got my personal best for this course but didn't get the time I was shooting for. I have an amazing friend, Anna who chose to run with me and try and help me get the time I wanted.(She could run it ALOT faster than me so this was a major sacrifice) She was a great motivator and kept me going. At times when I wanted to quit, she took my hand and pulled me up the hill. She talked the whole way to keep my mind off the fact that I was dying. I will never forget that day, as it was a day I realized how blessed I am. To have such wonderful friends and a healthy body that allows me to do these kind of things. I am in the best shape I have ever been in and it is because of awesome running partners that keep me going everyday! And let me tell you, that is hard to do when it is pitch black outside and freezing cold and my alarm goes off for my morning run. It sucks but it is so worth it when I am done!


The first day we got there we headed into town for a yummy dinner and our favorite Italian restaurant, Visconti's to carb load and it was oh so good!


Mary was celebrating her birthday so we all sang to her!:)

From left to right:me, Soila, Anna, and Tasha doing our pre-run stretches!


Right before the race started. I'm still smiling!
Showing how buff we really are!

mile 4ish after we conquered the 2 mile uphill that I love to hate!

Afterwards. We all survived! The first year my time was 2:31:36, the second year was 2:29:27, the third year was 2:15:32 and this year it was 2:09:07. I really want under 2 hours and someday I will get it but not on this course. It is way too hilly. My best time is 2:06 and that was in Snoqualime. I hope to do that one again next year and PR.

My motivation and inspiration!

Some of my crazy friends do ice baths after long runs to help their muscles. I personally think it is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of.(lol) I rather take a hot shower but I decided to do the river because it wasn't quite as cold as an ice bath it was pretty darn close! We got into a little splashing fight started by Tasha! It was so cold, I couldn't feel parts of my body!
After the splashing fun we actually had a really awesome moment where we all shared our thoughts and we cried and it felt so good. A very spirtual moment!







We finally cleaned up and headed into town for a big burger. We totally deserved it and I was starving!

A horsey ride through down town Leavenworth. So fun!




Not sure why we did this picture but these people were obviously drunk and they were kind of funny and they wanted to take a picture, so we did!


Great weekend all around!

2 comments:

Baker said...

Jodi,
I just want you to know that YOU inspire me. See, because I hate running, but I love that sense of health and accomplishment I feel. And when I don't want to do it, or feel like I can't keep going, I think of you and how you do it. And you keep going.

I liked your acknowledgement of a body that allows you to run. We are truly blessed, regardless of the time it takes us to do it. :)

marcalicious said...

i love Anna even more!!! how neat that she was your personal coach during the race. That is really special of her.

And good job on your running Jodi! You are doing fabulous!