Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Romo jersey is officially hung!!

ok, so here is the story........When Sean went to Dallas in September to see the opening game at the new stadium he bought a Romo jersey to always remember his special trip. It really means a lot to him and even though it was more than I would have spent on a shirt, I knew it was something he really wanted, so I gave him the go ahead. When he got it home he really wanted to get it framed and hang it in his office at work. I thought that would be a perfect spot for it since our home decor is not really Dallas Cowboys.(unless we could hang it in the garage!) So Sean searched high and low for a place to frame it and it couldn't just be anybody, he had to find the right place to do it. Finally he found a place downtown Puyallup that would do it for about 400.00. Are you kidding me? To frame a jersey? This jersey is getting quite expensive. Oh well, I know it was something he really wanted to do so we went ahead with it and got it framed. Well, it took about 2 weeks and about a day or two before we were suppose to pick it up, Sean decides that maybe he didn't want to bring it to his office and that maybe we could put it in our living room. Again, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? No, he was serious as a heart attack and I thought I was going to HAVE a heart attack. This was not a battle I was going to lose. To make a very long story just a tad bit shorter, we compromised.(isn't that what marriage is all about?) As you walk up half our stairs there is a wall before you finish going up the second half of the stairs. That wall now holds a very special piece of history. Not exactly the best place, but he can still show it to the "fellas" when they come over and it is not in my living room or bedroom so everyone is happy, right? I just pray that a ball doesn't get thrown down the stairs and it gets broken. I might need a place to stay for awhile if that happened. That would almost be as bad as hitting his car parked in the driveway!:)

I love you Sean and you are totally worth it!






6 comments:

Baker said...

Awesome. Love the compromise! :)

Mom and Dad said...

Perfect spot. Looks great Sean, glad you had such a great time.

Kathryn said...

You are a good woman Jodi Elwell. I don't think I could be as giving.

Amy said...

i'm with Kathryn

marcalicious said...

awesome gloves. what a baller to wear gloves while putting up that priceless piece of art. ha ha!!! :)

Rebecca Parker said...

not gonna lie, i think a michael's sale would've been cheaper:) but i'm no expert! he owes ya big time! i think you need equivalent for something fabulous for yourself...