Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas and New Years!

We have been busy the last few weeks with all the holiday festivities and as much as I enjoyed it, I am glad it is over and we can get back to a normal routine again. Sean has been off work for the last 2 weeks which has been nice but there has been no routine to my day and I don't function well without it. On Christmas Eve we went to my parents house for dinner with the Newbold side of the family. It was great to see extended family we haven't seen in awhile. My cousin Sharon, and her family we here from Alaska and it was fun to catch up with them.

From left to right: Tonya, Sharon, Me, Mindy and Jamie. We always got together growing up and it is sad we don't get to spend as much time together now.

This explains how excited the kids were waiting to go downstairs Christmas morning to see what Santa brought.


Unfortunately we were kind of lame and hardly got any pictures but I think they all got what they wanted. Kaylee got her long awaited phone and clothes. Connor's favorites were a paintball gun, unicycle and wii games. Cierra finally got her Candy jewelry which she has been waiting for along with clothes, new boots and much more. Brooke was the spoiled one and got everything her little heart desired because the things she wants aren't as expensive as the other kiddos.



We went out to breakfast and then home for a little bit and then back to grandma and grandpas to be with our family for the rest of the evening. It was a great day had by all!

One day this week I watched Macy's(the baby I watch a few days a week) and her two twin sisters, Sophie and Isa. Shaylyn also spent the night so Cierra had a great time having three friends over all day.
They jumped on the trampoline even though it was quite cold outside.


This is the cute baby Macy that I have been watching for about 6 weeks. It is nice having a baby around, although I forgot how much work they are. Sean has even grown attached to her. She really melts your heart.


Socks and Ditto have been content to hangout during the day and then run around like wild animals during the night. They are a lot of fun to have around. Ditto has gotten out a few times and unfortunately we haven't gotten them fixed yet. We suspect she is pregnant but we will have to wait and see.
New years Eve we always get a ton of junk food and just have fun pigging out. Although I felt sick afterwards it was fun. We got the makings for caramel corn but didn't end up making it with all the other junk.
Before all the fun stuff with the kids, Sean and I snuck away to Olive Garden for a nice dinner. It was fun to be alone for a little while without 4 kids talking at once.


The kids were waiting patiently when we got home.
At midnight we did the confetti and called it a night and were in bed by 12:30. All the kids made it until midnight and I am the only one to take a little snooze during the movie.

We are such party animals!


We watched the fireworks from the comfort of our own home on Sean's new Christmas present. He got a 54' inch TV because the 42' inch we had wasn't good enough. He must have been good because Santa was very generous.

New Years day we went up to Paradise to go sledding with the Gaileys and my mom and dad. There was a ton of snow and it just keep coming but the kids still had fun. The line to go down the hill was really long so we didn't do much sledding but they had fun playing in the snow. Grandma was smart and stayed in the car and Brooke joined her for most of the day.










Chance biting it hard.

Mindy and Austin going down. Austin was barely hanging on.






And last but not least, Cierra with Connor's paintball gun. I love her!

2009 was for the most part a great year. We had a few things that was hard for our family and some really great things too. We are looking forward to 2010. I am planning on running my first marathon in June and really getting excited. I have been running about 20 miles a week and I am loving the way it makes me feel. I just hope that I can have the endurance to do 26.2. I will keep you informed...............

HaPpY NeW YeAr!!!!!!

1 comments:

Gillian said...

Happy New Year, Jodi! Your cats are beautiful - love their markings!