Monday, January 6, 2014

Never a dull moment....

 
This week was going to be all fun and games for the Elwell's! The kids were off for one more week and we were going to party....That is until Brooke got sick New Years Eve. It didn't last long but she was in bed for 24 hours. That day was shot, except the kids kept an eye on her and I got to sneak in a 10 mile run with my sister. That was good because I really needed to get out.
 
 
The next day we were feeling good and I thought we were in the clear and no one else would catch it. I was wrong! The next day I got it and was in bed all day. It effected me a little differently. I didn't throw up but was not able to do anything. Brooke made me a nice card and they basically all just hung out downstairs. I'm sure Brooke had cereal all 3 meals but at least she was fed. 
 
 
Connor went with Chance, Austin Grandma and Grandpa to Ifly and had a blast. He thought it was a lot of fun and wished it was a longer ride. Grandpa even thought it was fun.:) Then they were treated to Red Robin by grandma and grandpa!
 
 
 
 
We took a trip to the park while someone was looking at our house. Brooke was in her jammies and Kaylee was enjoying the swings a little too much!:)
 
 
Cierra completed her track card and as a surprise the ones that finished got to have a special day. They went to Coach Tiffany's house for breakfast and then ice skating and wallyball at Sprinker.
 
 
We did get out again this week and walked to the park for some fresh air with Baylee and Ashley! It was freezing but nice to get out.
 
 
 

 Cierra is totally turning into a teenager. She got all fixed up to go to a going away party for a friend of hers. Bryton is moving to Utah next week. I'm sure we will be seeing them soon, at least we hope.
It wasn't a total flop of a week but I was hoping to do more. We got a few shopping trips in and a few games played. I was kind of sad to see them off to school this morning but then when the house was all quiet, I realized what I had been missing and was glad to be back to my schedule.
My back was in some serious pain last night. Not sure what happened, but I received a blessing and kept ice on it and it is feeling better this morning. I will be laying low today!!

0 comments: