Wednesday, May 2, 2012

When life hands the Elwell Family Lemons, we make Lemonade!

I'm not going to lie, 2012 has been one hard year! I think everything that could go wrong, did!! Let's just say we rarely get sick. Seriously, we are never sick. This year the kids have all been sick a few times. Brooke even had a ruptured ear drum. While I haven't been sick, I had a nasty case of planters facitis. I have since been able to control it by doing a lot of stretching and wearing supportive shoes but it was not fun to deal with while I'm training for my marathon. The other things, just to name a few was our garage door breaking, our furnace going out, and a major leak in our ceiling. Fortunately all these things were able to be fixed. We are back to living in a fully functionable house again. The big kicker was when Sean found out that his company was moving his plant to Ohio and unless he wanted to move, he would be out of a job. We went for 3 months not knowing and then knowing and then not knowing what we would do. 4 days before he was to be laid off someone in the company resigned and a traveling position opened up for Sean. The job is amazing and Sean will be able to travel the world. The only down side is, he is going to be gone ALOT! We are only into week one and I already miss him like crazy but we are slowly adjusting. The upside is that I better get my passport so I can do some traveling with him. I just may get to see some places I would have never seen before this job came available. So I think this quote fits our family perfectly right now. I know I am blessed and watched over. I always had faith (thanks to Sean for helping me with that) that things would work out. It is just hard to see the big picture. I see the big picture right now and I am thanking my Heavenly Father for blessing my life more than I could ever imagine.   

0 comments: