Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What's been going on?

ALOT!!

We have been so busy lately but I guess that is not unusual. We like to stay busy but lately I am feeling exhausted. Time to settle down just a little.....

On Saturday I ran my 3rd marathon. I loved it! It was pretty low key and I felt no pressure to go fast and I just enjoyed it. 4 of my friends(Marci, Soila, Marschell and Sonja) did a relay and so I saw them occasionally but other than that I was on my own. The marathon went from Kent to Alki Beach in Seattle. It was amazing! It was a pretty warm day but we also had a nice breeze to go along with it.




This is me as I am coming to the finish! My time was 4 hours and 46 minutes. 3 minutes slower than my first and 9 minutes slower than my second. Oh well, I always have the next one to improve my time.



My parents came to see me finish, which is always amazing. They have been able to come to almost all my races.(Love them!) I was surprised to see Cierra, Brooke, Anna and her kids, and Tiffany and her kids at the finish line. I had no idea they were coming and it was so nice to have them there.

Love you all!!!!!


I had a little incident as we stopped to get some lunch on the way home. I had realized I hadn't eaten anything since 6:30 that morning and after running 26.2 miles that is not very smart. I got really shaky and I came so close to passing out that I thought for sure I was going down. I was able to get my head between my knees and managed to stay upright. I ate my subway and we started to finish our trip home and it happened one more time. We got to a gas station where my mom got me some candy and I starting feeling better. I know I had a super low blood sugar. I learned my lesson. I need to eat right away. I just didn't think about it because most races have a ton of food afterwards and this one did not. I didn't feel hungry so it didn't cross my mind. I will know for next time now!




Connor did track for his school and they had their annual track meet last week as well. Connor participated in the softball throw and the 4 X 100 meter relay! He did awesome and it was fun to watch.





He is officially done with baseball too. He had a great season and really did an amazing job. I loved to go watch his games but sometimes I would get a little stressed. Not sure why, I think I just wanted them to do well.





Didn't get very many pictures this season. There is always next year!



Cierra got an award at the terrific Kids assembly. It was an award for PE. She has improved her mile by 5 minutes. I was very proud of her. I hope she will continue to run. I have found so much joy in it and I hope she can do. She goes to run club once a week and loves going.



And the big news in Brooke's world is that she can finally do the monkey bars. She is so excited and wants to go to the park ALL THE TIME! Next on her list is to loose a tooth and I think that will be coming quick!




2 comments:

Baker said...

Love the update! And YOU!! :)

marcalicious said...

who is that strange lady in scrubs running next to you??? ;)

I'm impressed w/ all you do Jodi -- you sure balance a lot. A great examples for all of us!

and I wish I would WANT to play on the monkee bars all the time. ha ha. Does not look fun. :)