Sunday, May 16, 2010

Florida Fun!

Sean had a business trip in Jacksonville, Florida last week so I tagged along to have some quiet time. I guess you need that every once in awhile when you have 4 lovely children. I had the best most relaxing time and I am so glad I was able to go. It was awesome for our marriage and made me love my kids even more. Sean stayed for 3 more days than me and he gets to go back for another week tomorrow but I guess he IS working so it's ok.

We spent a lot of time at the beach swimming and sunning. You won't be seeing any pictures of me at the beach although I was there just as much as Sean.;)


It was so hot out everyday we were there.





I love Joes Crab Shack and they happen to have one right on the beach. We had a great dinner the first night we got there.








I love crab legs!











The beach was full of little shells. The kids would have loved to look at all the shells.


I was trying to use the timer on the camera and couldn't quite get a good picture.


The darn wind was blowing........




We visited an old town, St. Augustine. They have a light tower that you can pay to go up to the top. It was a ton of stairs but totally worth the view. It was a little scary but I managed and was glad to get to the top.







Sean read this sign after he dropped a penny off the side!;)-lol Hope he didn't hit anyone!



It was a nice relaxing trip and I am grateful that my parents and sister were able to have the kids while we were gone. Thank you!!!


Now this is the best invention ever and I was so excited to see it when I had a lay over in Chicago. Hopefully they will be in every public restroom very soon. I have turned into a germ freak and things like this make me happy so I had to take a picture.


on a side note:Sean had a birthday on Friday and we celebrated by taking the kids to Chuckie Cheese. The one place Sean hates but he did it because the kids like it. It was actually his idea. What a good dad!
I did 20 miles in my marathon training yesterday and I will be posting about my experience soon. The whole experience has been very interesting with ups and downs!:)

2 comments:

Baker said...

Love these pics!! What a nice getaway! You guys are such a great couple. Great toilets too; germ freaks relax. Well, mostly... ;)

Lance and Coralee Kulman said...

So sorry we did not know you were in the area. We could have gotten together and shared places to go and things to see. St. Augustine is one of our favorite places. Glad you got to go there.

Currently, near Savannah GA another great place to explore.

Take care you all.

Coralee