Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Pine Wood Derby and Cierra's first baseball game!

Connor had his Pine Wood Derby for scouts on Friday and he had a lot of fun. He won the first 2 races and then went a little down hill from there but he had a cool car and that's all that matters, right? Of course, it's a Dallas Cowboys car with Sean being the designer. We couldn't have done it without Doug's expertise, so thanks Doug!


There were a lot of very creative cars!


and the snacks for the boys were also very cool!


This is one of the races Connor won!




Connor got the "You Rock!" award. (whatever that means!)


Cierra had her first baseball game and had a lot of fun until she got hit with the ball in the leg. She was tough though and bounced back and got two great hits.


Dad is behind her coaching her to a home run!




ok, maybe a single!


It started to pour down rain on us and this is what Cierra was doing out in the field. I guess she was thirsty!


It was a great weekend. I ran a half marathon in Snoqualimie and it was the best run ever. It was so beautiful even though it was rainy and I had great friends there and I got my best time out of 6 half marathons by about 11 minutes. I was so happy! The full marathon is in 5 weeks and I am getting anxious. the training is long and hard but I think I may be able to do it. it may take me all day but I think I may actually finish it! Our 20 miler is next Saturday and that will be the true test!:o)

0 comments: