Sunday, October 4, 2009

Leavenworth Half Marathon

Another great weekend to Leavenworth! We all had a great time. We stated off by eating dinner at a great Italian restaurant in Leavenworth. It was delicious!


Anna, Carrie, and Lisa
Tasha and I!


Just before the race. Anna, of course was the only one not running but she was a great support system for all of us. Thanks Anna!




My hands were cold when we started but they were torn off at mile 3 along with my long sleeve shirt. It was a tad chilly but once we started running it was very warm and it was so beautiful!




And we are off!!!





I'm in the back barely getting my head in the picture.



Starting to strip because of the heat:

Passing it off to Anna:



Anna cheering us on! There was 6 of us total: Me, Lisa, Tasha, Carrie, Beckie, and Tara.



This was at mile 7, I think and I was feeling good!




We all finished and got our sweatshirts and metals. I had a little incident at the finish line that involved a paramedic but after checking my blood pressure and my blood sugar and signing a refusal to go to the hospital, I was on my way!:)


We came back and got showered and hit the town.



Beckie, Anna, Lisa, Me, Carrie, Tasha and Tara



The friendly goat we always see every year!


Lunch at Gustav's!











We had fun in the hat shop!











I looked up my times for all my half marathons to compare and by no means am I fast but I am slowly improving. I hope to one day to finish in 1:59:59.
My first half in October of 2007 I did in 2:32:13, my second in October 2008 I did in 2:29:30, My third in June 2009 I did in 2:24:40 and this one was 2:15:32. I:m getting a little faster each time!
Thanks to my supportive parents that followed me around like the paparazzi and took pictures. (Once I get their pictures, I just may post more.) It was great to have them there especially when I went down for a few minutes at the finish line. I love you both. You don't even know what it means to me to have you here at these events in my life! Your awesome!

3 comments:

Rebecca Parker said...

Just jumped onto my computer to post mine from the weekend & you had beaten me to it:) Hard to believe it's over already?! Back to real life being moms & I will have to set new goal of no sugar 'til Halloween or something so i'm not outta control without training for a while:) i'll let ya know re: newport?! in meantime i'm gonna send you copy of pic in icicle inn without my eyes closed so i don't look so wiped out after the half!:)

Kathryn said...

Good job Jodi! I am glad you had a great time and it looks like the weather was perfect!

Kelli said...

great job, and looks like a lot of fun with the girls. Love all the hats.