Monday, April 25, 2011

Wenatchee Marathon and Girl's Weekend!

What a fabulous weekend we had in Wenatchee. I couldn't ask for better friends(and family), weather and the whole reason we were there, a marathon!!!
Not one thing went wrong, unless you count me pulling in the garage with the Thule on before we left. It only scrapped the top and I managed to free myself with the help of a few neighbors.

This picture is at some bike shop where we picked up our packets. Little did we know what was in store for us the next day. This race was hard for me. I guess they all are but I was tired at mile 19 and ready to pack it in. Luckily I had a awesome friend (Jill)that had done the half and was finished and so she ran the last 7 miles with me. I couldn't have done it without her. I did beat my last marathon time , but only by 7 minutes. I'm really trying hard to hit the 4:30 mark when I do the Green River Marathon on June 4th. I know, I'm crazy but that's OK, I like to live on the wild side!:)

We went to Visconti's for dinner the night before the big race. It was yummy. We surprised Anna with a gift(fun pampering stuff and $115 cash!) since she was doing her 10th marathon and she planned this whole weekend. That was no an easy feat, but it all went perfect thanks to her!
She had a little pep talk prepared and gave us all magnets and suckers. It was really nice. The suckers were for us all being suckers and following her on these adventures.



Here is the group of us before the race:

Top left: Jen Simeona, Tari Whitemarsh, Jill Green, me, Mindy Gailey, Carrie Holmes, Marci Sabin, Tasha Allen, Tiffany Shakespeare, Soila Todd, Vivian kerr, Kelly Benner, Marschell Lockwood. Bottom Left: Kathryn Ward, Lisa Saunders, Tamme Villegas, Stephanie Mondrut, Anna Conner, Lindsey Litchfield and Amy Richards. Not pictured: Teresa McConnell



Me and My sis! I was so proud of her for running a 10k. Before she knows it, she will be doing a half:)



the 3 crazy full marathon runners!




this is me at mile 19 when I'm about ready to meet up with Jill. My parents and sister were there to snap the picture and give me some water. It was so good seeing them. I was getting lonely.






Explaining to Jill and Mindy how much this sucks!

Couldn't of asked for a better welcome to the finish line! It will be on of those memories that I will never forget. Thanks ladies for being there!!!!!




After getting showered a few of us went and got an awesome massage(Thank you to Mindy who treated me to mine! It was pure heaven!) we then all went to Red Robin for a nice big juicy burger. It hit the spot!



These were my roomies. Carrie is missing because she had to head out early. We had a great time!



We had way to much junk food, stayed up way too late, talked, and played games. Needless to say we were all exhausted come 2am when we finally hit the pillow. We managed to make it back in time for church but after that I couldn't get off the couch. Like Sean always says, "you play, you pay!!!!" And I did!!!!


I was so grateful to have my parents there to support Mindy and I, and really all the girls. They were great photographers for us. Thanks mom and dad:)


Wenatchee Marathon April 16, 2011

0 comments: