Friday, April 8, 2011

My Thoughts:

I was super excited to be able to make a book out of my blog posts. I love it. It is fun to look back and see what was going on in our lives. It is a great way to journal. Although I try to write in a journal as often as possible, this is fun because it has pictures and sometimes it is just random thoughts like today. I would encourage you to print yours. I have one book done and another one on the way. I have two more to print and then I will be caught up and do it only once a year. It is kind of spendy but so worth it. Cierra challenged me awhile back that if I stayed off Facebook for 40 days she would not eat candy for 40 days. Wow! That is a big thing for her. She loves candy. I knew it would be good for her and also for me so we did it. It has been 32 days! I have gotten a lot done and didn't really realize how much time I was on Facebook. It kind of sucks you in and an hour later you can't believe that much time has past. I think it is a great thing to be able to communicate with others but it is a time waster too. I will go back to it but I will not be on it as much as before. I have learned my lesson. Thank you sweet stubborn Cierra! I am one week away from my Wenatchee trip with about 25 friends. I'm so excited and super nervous. I can't wait to be with friends and have lots of fun together but I am so nervous about this marathon. This is my second one and I am more nervous for this one than my first. I feel like last time I had no expectations and I would just finish it. Now I feel like I need to beat my time and do better. I have put my whole heart into this training. I have logged close to 500 miles in 18 weeks. I ran one 20 miler, one 19 miler, two 18 milers and numerous other runs. My time has improved by about 45 seconds per mile and I feel strong. So now when the big day comes along, can I make it happen? I'm afraid of injury. I have had a little nagging pain in my leg and I have been icing it like crazy and it feels much better but who knows if it will come back when I'm running 26 miles. I guess we will see. I have seen too many injuries occur when you are testing your body to the limit. And running a marathon is definitely testing my body to the limit. Sean has been a great support to me. He keeps telling me I can do it and is very positive. I love him for that and so many other reasons! That is a whole another post, but for now, I guess all I can say is wish me luck and hopefully I will be back with good news. My last marathon was a 4:43 and I hope to get 4:30. That is knocking off 30 seconds per mile. Kind of a lot but I feel like I can do it.

4 comments:

April Bishop said...

Good luck! You'll do great! :)

Kathryn said...

You will do great! You are prepared and well-trained. Enjoy this upcoming week and get rest and let your body heal before the race.

Outnumbered Three To One said...

You can do it! You've trained hard, your body will remember on race day. No matter what, it's such an awesome accomplishment.

Baker said...

Good luck! And here. This'll make you feel more accomplished. I set a goal to run this marathon too. Later I downgraded it to the half. And now? The chiropractor is advising me against doing even that. I'll be walking it. So, compared to me? You should feel all kinds of victory! ;)

Don't worry. I'll have my day...