Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What we have been up to!

We have been quite busy the last few weeks and this is just a little bit of what we have been up to.
Connor likes for one of us to lay with him for a few minutes while he is getting tired and this is what I found an hour later when I hadn't seen Sean come down. He was really sleeping like this. ;) I think it's funny, but he didn't.
We went to my parents house for Thanksgiving like we do every year and had great food and of course, great company. The kids ran around like crazy and had a ball. We watched the Cowboys and thankfully they won so Sean was happy!

The kids all playing on the computer:

My dad cutting into the delicious turkey:
My mom showing off the yams that did NOT catch on fire this year:
Sean and I in our Cowboys attire:
Cierra eating a few (hundred) olives:
The kids sat in the kitchen and the adults sat in the dining room:
Sean eating a few thousand calories:He was so stuffed, he had to take a nap afterwards!
Kaylee and Chance checking out the ads and making their lists.
Brooke making her list....or drawing a picture, not sure which.
Cierra being cute!
The disaster after we made our plan of attack for Black Friday. I ended up going to Toys R Us at midnight with my friend Amy, and then to Walmart with my mom and dad and Mindy and then over to Target with Mindy. After about 13 years of doing this, I think I have finally had enough. It was more crazy than ever and we didn't get some of the stuff we wanted.
After I took a nap we went back out into it all and shopped a little bit more and then we went and got our tree. We always get it the day after Thanksgiving and we are always ready to get rid of it the day after Christmas.






I love the scented pine cones that smell up your house. They are a must have!

Cierra's name was drawn this year to put the star on the tree. This is always a big deal every year.

Socks has been enjoying laying by the fire:

The elf is back this year and has been hiding in some fun spots. The kids love to find him every morning and see where he is. Brooke has been so funny about the elf and she is trying to be really good. Yesterday when we were at the Y she asked me if the elf could see her even when she is at the YMCA. I told her he could and she was so good the whole time.(hey-whatever works!) The rule is, you can't touch the elf but I couldn't resist putting it around Brooke's neck and teasing her. She was a little freaked out and didn't quite know what to do.
Cierra got her hair cut and I think it looks adorable when she actually lets me fix it. This was yesterday before school.

Sean is off work all this week so it has been nice to have some extra help. We are trying to get some things done around the house that has been needing to get done.

I will add some more completed pictures of the decorated house soon. Sean is suppose to hang outside lights tomorrow so if that happens, I will make sure I get proof. Usually my dad does it for us because Sean is afraid of heights so we will see.

0 comments: